Mix Vegetable Muthia | Tiffin Treats by Roopa Nabar | Sanjeev Kapoor Khazana. Mixed vegetables add a great crunch and lots of nutrition to this Gujarati style preparation.
MIXED VEGETABLE MUTHIA
½ cup grated bottle gourd (doodhi/lauki), soaked
½ cup grated carrot
½ cup chopped fresh fenugreek leaves
Salt to taste
1½ cups whole wheat flour (atta)
1½ cups gram flour (besan)
1 teaspoon coriander powder
¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
1 teaspoon red chilli powder
½ teaspoon garam masala powder
1 teaspoon roasted cumin powder
1 teaspoon green chilli paste
1 teaspoon ginger paste
1½ teaspoons sugar
½ tablespoon soda bicarbonate
Green chutney for serving
2 tablespoons oil
1 teaspoon mustard seeds
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
2 teaspoons white sesame seeds
10-12 curry leaves
¼ teaspoon asafoetida (hing)
1. Squeeze out excess water from bottle gourd and put in a bowl. Add carrot, fenugreek leaves and salt and mix well. Set aside for 10 minutes.
2. Heat some water in a deep non-stick pan. Place a steamer, cover and let the water boil.
3. Add wheat flour, gram flour, coriander powder, turmeric powder, chilli powder, garam masala powder, cumin powder, green chilli paste, ginger paste, sugar and soda bicarbonate and knead into a soft dough.
4. Divide the mixture into large equal portions and shape into cylinders.
5. Place the cylinders in the hot steamer, cover and steam for 10-12 minutes. Remove the muthias and cool.
6. Cut the muthias into ½ inch slices.
7. To prepare tempering, heat oil in a non-stick pan. Add mustard seeds and let them splutter. Add cumin seeds, sesame seeds, curry leaves and asafoetida.
8. Add sliced muthias, mix and cook for 1-2 minutes.
9. Serve hot with green chutney.
Click to Subscribe: http://bit.ly/1h0pGXf
Cookware by : http://www.wonderchef.in
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/ChefSanjeevKapoor
Twitter : https://twitter.com/sanjeevkapoor
Tags: Mix Vegetable Muthia | Tiffin Treats by Roopa Nabar | Sanjeev Kapoor Khazana, mix vegetable muthia, muthia, roopa nabar, tiffin treat, vegetable, mix muthia, Sanjeev, Kapoor, master, chef, NAME, recipe, video, Indian, Cuisine, India, Chinese, Italian, food, beverage, biryani, masala, pulao, naan, tikka, chicken, fish, prawn, shrimp, mutton, rice, palak, paneer, tandoori, tandoor, samosa, paratha, gravy, curry, dal, butter, spinach, cheese, potato, garlic, ginger, chili, tomato, onion, spices, south, fast, dried, fried, roasted, baked, soup